Each month the Food Pantry at Ginny’s Helping Hand provides groceries to help feed upwards of 1,500 people in North Central MA who are struggling to afford food. To do this, we rely on donated food from the Worcester County Food Bank; grocery stores (Hannafords, Target, and BJ’s); as well as generous individuals, businesses, schools, places of worship, and other groups.
Ginny’s Helping Hand is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization; all contributions are tax-deductible, as allowed by law.
Ways to Support the Food Pantry at Ginny’s Helping Hand
- Make a Financial Contribution
- Help us to buy food, pay staff, and keep the Food Pantry open.
- Donate Gift Cards to Local Farmers or Supermarkets
- When donated fresh produce is scarce, gift cards let us buy healthy fruit and vegetables. Please bring or mail gift cards to Ginny’s Helping Hand, 52 Mechanic St, Leominster, MA 01453
- Donate Food
- Ginny’s Helping Hand welcomes your contributions, whether you share a few extra items or coordinate a Food Drive!
- If you are planning a food drive please contact us first (978-537-1387 or GinnysHelpingHands@gmail.com) so we can coordinate on timing and the most needed items at that time.
- We accept food donations during Ginny’s normal hours. Please do not leave anything outside the building.
- Recommended items to donate (ideally in non-glass containers) are:
- Healthy snacks (dried fruit, nuts, trail mix, protein bars)
- Spices and condiments
- Rice & pasta
- Peanut butter
- Cooking oil
- 100% juice
- Shelf-stable milk
- Low-sodium soups, stews, chili
- Donate Paper Products, Detergent, Toiletries, and Pet Food
- Paper towels & toilet paper
- Laundry & dish detergents
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant
- Tampons, pads, diapers for all ages